HSUWA members to be consulted on name change
Thursday 02 Aug 2012
HSUWA members are being consulted about changing the name of the WA union. A range of options for consideration are being canvassed in the Union’s 20 page magazine Feedback that has recently been posted to all WA Members. This is to be followed by a survey seeking member feedback on those options.
The latest edition of Feedback also includes:
- A message from the President, Cheryl Hamill.
- Information on the structure of the HSUWA and the roles and functions of the elected Committee of Management and staff.
- A report from the Secretary, Dan Hill on the issues in the National Office and East branch of the national Union.
- Decisions of the WA Committee of Management to explore future options given the damage caused by the revelations in the East Branch and the National Office during the tenure of the former National Secretary.
- Detailed explanation of the sound governance and financial accountability processes within the HSUWA.
A copy of Feedback is also available on line by clicking here. Members are encouraged to review the issues and give us your views. Details of the survey will be circulated to members next week.