Union gains significant improvements for Ramsay employees
Monday 29 Feb 2016
Update on EA negotiations - Ramsay Health Care WA Hospital Health Services Union Enterprise Agreement 2016
The Union and Ramsay management have reached an in-principle agreement on the settlement of a new Enterprise Agreement that will provide for the employment provisions of Ramsay staff over the next three years.
The following is a summary of the key changes:
- Hours of Work of 76 hours per fortnight.
- Consultation required when changing hours of work or shift rosters.
- Flexible Hours/Banked Hours - Able to work more or less hours and credit or debit hours.
- Ability to purchase up to 152 hours of additional leave in lieu of salary.
- Up to an additional 38 hours leave per year for those participating in on call rosters.
- Allowances increased by 2.75% in 2016 & 2017, and by 2.82% in 2018.
- Portability of service and leave entitlements when transferring within the Ramsay Group.
- Two separate schedules – Peel Health Campus and Other Group Hospitals i.e. JHC etc.,
- New classification descriptors for Specified Callings and Other Professionals i.e. P1.1 = 4/6.1 etc.,
- Additional wage point at the top of Administration level 2 classification for PHC – those with 12
months or more service at current level 2.4 advance to level 2.5,
- Therapy Assistants can advance to level 3 by meeting specific criteria,
- Clinical Coders classified at level 4/7,
- Commencement at level P1.2 (4/6.2) for Specified Callings and Other Professionals with a four-year
- Specified Callings and Other Professionals can be advanced to level P2 (7) from level P1.5 (4/6.5),
- Specified Callings and Other Professionals Managers classification increased by $5,000 from January
- Wage Rates
- Two separate schedules (Peel Health Campus and Other Group Hospitals)
- Group Hospitals - minimum increases of 2.75%, 2.75% and 2.82% - applicable 27 January 2016,
2017 and 2018,
- PHC - 1.5% previously applied - transition arrangements 2016 and 2017, 2.82% 2018 - applicable 27
January 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Term - From Fair Work Commission approval until 31 March 2019.
The Union and Ramsay management have agreed on the final draft Enterprise Agreement document which should be available for staff review within the next week or so. A ballot of all employees will then be conducted by Ramsay to determine the acceptance or not of the proposed new EA.
There are a significant number of changes from the current EA, so members are encouraged to thoroughly review the new EA document prior to voting.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SAY ON BALLOT DAY!