Union Representative of the Year 2020
Friday 18 Dec 2020
We congratulate all our nominees for this award, who have been outstanding advocates for their colleagues. Union Representatives are the lifeblood of our union, we salute you! Javad Tehrani from Perth Children’s Hospital and Leonie Whitfield from Western Diagnostics Pathology.
Javad is a Supervisor in Environmental Services at Perth Children’s Hospital. He has done exceptional work this year in dealing with workplace change, advocating for his team and growing the union. Javad brings strong union values to every discussion and has also set-up one of the best ‘Union Noticeboards’ we’ve seen.
The following comments are from Javad’s colleagues:
- Javad has been instrumental in trying to resolve an ongoing issue at PCH
- He is very helpful with any issues we have
- Javad will go above and beyond to help staff and answer queries that we have
- Javad had been very helpful in debating with managers, in getting good outcome with workplace issues
Leonie is a Medical Scientist at Western Diagnostics Pathology. She has been instrumental in the organising efforts leading into bargaining for a better pay deal at Western Diagnostics. The following comments are from Leonie’s colleagues:
- Very helpful, approachable and we now have a 99% union rate
- Leonie is always willing to help solve any issues and is very positive. She has recruited many new members.
- Leonie always ensures that she is here for us. She is one in a million.
Well done to Javad and Leonie.